LaTeX is an open source scripting language. It gives permission to the user that they can download it and use it freely. Download LaTeX Here
LaTeX is better documentation system than MS-Office , Libra-Office or any other scripting language, Because it has beautiful templates and text formatting. LaTeX having different templates for different projects like Book, Article, Thesis etc which help users for scripting in easy-way.
It’s beautiful text formatting, and templates attract the user toward itself.
How to Install LaTeX:-
In order to use LATEX on Windows you must install MiKTeX and TeXnicCenter. Once you have set these up you will be able to write or download a ‘.tex’ input file and produce a pdf.
MiKTeX is suitable for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000. The programs will take up at least 310 MB of disk space. If you have not already done so, download Adobe Reader (for displaying pdfs) from Download Adobe Reader.
A. Download MiKTeX-
1. Direct your browser to MiKTeX Setup
2. Click the button to download “MikTex 2.9” Installer.
3. Click to confirm the download and click to run the installer.
4. Once the Basic MiKTeX Installer is running.
5. Accept the default installation settings (user and directory)
6. Enter the following settings: Paper – A4, Package installation – Yes.
7. After a while, the Installer should Finish.
B. Download TeXnicCenter-
1. Direct your browser to TeXniCCenter
2. Click the first link to download TeXnicCenter Installer.
3. At this stage you will be redirected to the Sourceforge website, where you may have to click on the direct link.
4. Click to confirm the download and click to run the installer.
5. Once the installer is running, accept the licence.
6. Accept the default directory and choose the Typical selection.
7. Change the program group if you wish, and choose whether to have a desktop icon.
8. After a short while, the Installer should Finish
C. Set up TeXnicCenter-
1. Open TeXnicCenter. You will be greeted by the tip of the day (click Close) and then the Configuration Wizard. Click Next.
2. Enter the directory “C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin” and click Next.
3. Ignore the PostScript options: click Next.
4. Click Finish.
D. Start a Project-
All thing hab been setuped in well manner, Now
1 Open the editor.
2. Create a new project.
3. Save it with the extension of ‘.tex‘
4. Select the pdf output profile. On the menu bar, choose Build then Select Output Profile. Then choose LaTeX => PDF and click OK.
5. Now, Do whatever you want to do…….